Sunday, August 12, 2012

Olympic Playlist: GLORY DAYS!

Oh God, it's over (still I cling!). Since the opening ceremonies I've been pinned to my couch every night, enduring NBC's absolutely awful Olympic coverage to support my nation (America! Fuck yeah!). I mean, I still believed in Michael Phelps when everyone was all meh but Ryan Lochte is gonna be a star and he so hot blah blah blah. Nah, people, Michael Phelps is an American hero. I was right all along and everyone else was a non-believer.

Also, Gabby Douglas is now an American hero because I say so.

Despite what this guy was expecting, I thought London did a sterling job. Brilliant! Aces! Razzers! A tip of my Victorian-style top hat to Danny Boyle and his soundtrack. The Anglophile in me was bopping along the entire time.

So in honor of the end of the 2012 Olympic Games and the glorious United Kingdom, I present to you a special suburban grrrl soundtrack for -- wait for it -- the champion in all of us.

 
Ruby gets the gold in illustration

2 comments:

  1. you have an amazing blog and amazing music taste <3 i love The Smiths, My So Called Life, writing, Bob Dylan, The Pogues, The Clash, The Book Thief, Harry Potter, The Ramones and Rookie. Best friends? ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It would appear that we actually have a lot in common! although judging by your blog you seem to have much better clothes than me :)

      Delete